CQC action update 5 January 2024
Following our CQC inspection, the practice has been working very hard to make the changes and improvements highlighted in the report. We thought it was important to keep our patients updated on our progress. The key actions completed to date include:
- Undertaking a Fire Risk Assessment by an outside contractor and completing all the actions identified
- All clinical and adminsitrative staff completed outstanding mandatory training including infection prevention & control, safeguarding and equality & diversity training
- Completed all staff appraisals
- Implementing a more robust system for clincial supervison of our Prescribing Nurses and Clinical Pharmacists
- Taking part in regular Education events for clinical and adminstrative staff
- Implemented and monitoring of a system to track 2ww ( suspected cancer referrals)
- Improved coding for safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Review and keep up-to-date with all MHRA Safety Alerts
- Review and update DBS checks on staff
- We have started on implementing a robust clinical audit programme
If you have any questions please address these to Sandie, the Practice Manager.
This surgery website has been designed to make it easy for you to access the information you need from opening times to being able to book an appointment online and a wide range of health related information. Please have a look around and feel free to send us feedback as we can use this to develop and improve the information we provide.
The Practice operates from new purpose built premises at Birdcroft Rd, WGC AL8 6EH. All our clinical rooms are on the ground floor and are colour coded and easy to navigate.
Please note that there are 2 parking bays for up to 6 cars available for parking on Birdcroft Road with 1 hour time limits. These are the first two bays on Birdcroft Road, after which the parking is only for residents and blue badge holders. There are also 3 Disabled Bays available at the front of the practice. There is no parking for patients in the Staff Car Park at the back of the building.
Welwyn Hatfield Council have helpfully provided an updated parking map for the new location - please open the link at the bottom:
Primary Care Networks (PCN)
The Garden City Practice is part of the WGC PCN which compromises of four practices: Garden City Practice, Hallgrove Group Practice, Spring House Medical Centre and Peatree Group Practice . Primary Care Networks are a key part of the NHS Long Term Plan, with general practices being a part of a network, typically covering 30,000-50,000 patients. The networks will provide the structure and funding for services to be developed locally, in response to the needs of the patients they serve.